EDDW19 - Panel Debate
The panel debate will shade the light on the role of rehabilitation in development policies and programming and its potential to implement the “leave no one behind” imperative and Article 26 of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Rehabilitation is the health strategy that aims to optimize functioning for full participation of the individual in society. Rehabilitation is not only beneficial for persons with disabilities, but also for people with a wide range of health conditions at various stages of their lives.
The need for rehabilitation is constantly increasing, but rehabilitation services are often under-resourced and undeveloped; hence, an extensive need remains unmet in particular in low and middle-income countries.
The panel will address the following questions:
- What are the opportunities to leverage rehabilitation in development policies and programmes (in health, and maybe beyond)?
- How can stakeholders involved in rehabilitation unify voices and collaborate effectively?
- How to tackle intersecting forms of discrimination experienced by persons with disabilities?
- Date: 04/12/2019 - 04/12/2019
Rue du Commerce 123
- Invitation (click to open)
- Type: National